- Wenatchee School District Sees Favorable End to 2018-19 Finances
While much has been made over the $4.5 million in cuts the Wenatchee School District had to make in January of this year, 2019 will end with a silver lining financially. Executive Director of Business and Finance Larry Mayfield said the district ended the year with $1.1 million more than... The post Wenatchee School […]
- Chelan PUD Commissioners Approve 2020 Budget
Chelan County PUD commissioners recently approved their 2020 spending plan. The utility will spend about $440 million next year, about ten percent more than last year’s budget. Chelan PUD forecasts ending 2020 $58.1 million in the black. That number is down about $20 million from 2019 and matches a […]
- Wenatchee Adopts Updated 5-Year Capital Facilities Plan
The Wenatchee City Council approved an update to their five-year Capital Facilities Plan at Thursday night’s meeting. Mayor Frank Kuntz says the plan is essentially a wish list of everything the city plans on building or may build in the next five years. He also identified some of the items... The post Wenatchee […]
- Squad members oppose Israeli-Palestinian 'two-state solution' resolution, aligning with GOP
The U.S. House approved a Democrat-backed resolution Friday calling for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict -- but did so without support from the four far-left freshmen congresswomen known as "the Squad."
- 4 ways to get cash back on Amazon
For many of us, “holiday shopping” has become “searching Amazon.” Wish lists and automated suggestions make gift-giving a carefree experience. You can conceivably find presents for all your loved ones without stepping outside.
- Gary Thomas: Toxic family members can ruin the holidays. Here's how to save yourself (because life is short)
There is a finite number of holidays when the kids are young, which makes each one of them precious. Defending your family’s celebration is a wise and loving thing to do.